Journey to the real you:
Do you remember when were you happy, free, creative, fun, vulnerable, secure?
We are looking for the essence of who you are at the core of your being.
Find some photos of you when you were a child, maybe 5 or 6 years old. If you can’t find any, then try and find some of you as a teenager or at least younger than you are now.
Really look at the younger you in the photos. Answer these questions as well as you can.
- What do you remember about the way you were?
- If you were the parent of this child, what would you give them?
- How would you encourage them in their lives?
- What do you think they deserve in this life?
- How would you want their life to be?
- How should they be treated emotionally?
- How could you protect/nurture her?
- What do they need in their life right now?
- What qualities did they have then that they might have forgotten?
- What changes do you feel this person would like to make in their lives right now?
Beware of thinking the pathetic thought that ‘There is nothing good about me. I can’t fill this in’. If you continue with this type of thought pattern you will always stay trapped. Please try to work really hard here…. even if you can only come up with one or two of these statements, at least it’s a start. Remember to look at your photo as you do this. Listen to your innate thinking, sit quietly and listen to what you hear.
Look at your photo as you complete this exercise, write your answers to the statements below.
This might be tough for you so please be gentle with yourself. You might feel like giving up at this point, or skipping this exercise, or skim-reading it through. Don’t! If you work really hard you will begin to feel some positive benefits.
This is where we can now begin to create some positive dialogue which will anchor you and make you feel strong again.
- I deserve to be happy because ………
- I like me because ……….
- I am a valuable human being because ………
- I am a beautiful human being because ……….
- I have value because ………
- I have worth because ………
- I am worth loving because ………
- I deserve to have fun in life because ………
- I am important because ………
- I am loveable because ……….
- I am unique because ……….
- I am perfect as I am because ………
Once you have completed the last exercise as best you possibly can, read your answers and remind yourself daily of why you are so special.
You can do this exercise again in a few months and notice any changes.
If you need help with any of the above, I will be delighted to hear from you, please contact me .
I am helping people to become the very best version of themselves and would love to work with you too.
Professional Transformational Coach, Consultant
Founder of MAGGIE CURRIE COACHING