Take advantage of you and really look after yourself on this day. Turn the focus of your attention to you. Buy yourself something special, something you will really love and appreciate. It maybe something that you wouldn’t usually think of buying for yourself, but on this occasion it feels right to do it. Here are some more suggestions for you to feel special on this loving day:
- treat yourself to a day being pampered at the spa.
- treat yourself to a special meal and enjoy it in the comfort of your own home. It can be a take away delivered to your door. Use your favourite crockery, buy a bottle of wine and enjoy your chosen feast.
- watch your favourite film or read a good book.
- How about you and some of your best friends getting together to watch a few of the worst romantic comedy films you can find. Have a fun evening with people you love to be with and who love to be with you.
- Make a Valentine’s Day resolution to love yourself. Resolve to take some evening classes or to go on that trip you have been promising yourself. Resolve to try new restaurants or to try new recipes. Make a resolution that you will make a start towards the dreams you know you want to achieve.
- If you have children why not make the day special for them as well as you. Buy some little gifts – chocolates, stuffed toys, model cars etc. – and make a present hunt game with clues, and they can fun trying to find the gifts and you will have fun watching them.
Whatever it is you choose to do, whether it is on your own, with friends or with your children, make sure it is fun for you.
- Find a stranger to spend the night with. You will regret it in the morning and make it worse for yourself when the next Valentine’s Day comes around.
- Watch tv programmes filled with loves stories.
- Get all dressed up at work as your colleagues will jump to conclusions and make your life a misery all day.
- Sit at home being miserable and feeling sorry for yourself because you don’t have someone to share this sill day with.
- Beat yourself up for feeling miserable and lonely.
A great thing to do would be to wait until February 15th and then treat yourself to a heart-shaped box of chocolates at half price, or buy some flowers for yourself for half price.
Remember, it is just one day. It will all be over in the morning.
Plan your life around yourself and learn to really love yourself again. This will not only be fun and interesting, but loving yourself is the basis of beginning your new life as the new, confident you.
I would love to hear from you about your experiences.
I offer coaching and mentoring to you – for you to make the changes you want to in your life. Build your confidence in your abilities. Read my clients’ testimonials here. To help you to have more fun, more freedom and less stress. That is it. There is no catch. I believe in you.
Professional Transformational Coach, Consultant
Founder of MAGGIE CURRIE COACHING
Just come back from weeks holiday with one of my besties from the now apocalyptic Canaries .. Which coincided with Valentines Day clearly neither of us hold much store by the 14th.. She is in a relationship.. I am not……..
.. I love my bestie.. But not in that way 🙄.. Came back to our room to find them making some strange Swan towel arrangement with the Swans kissing.. So we both burst out laughing.. As they were in the middle of their arrangement we said we would wait on the balcony… When we went back in the room the was a most “unusual take” on the Swan theme.. Clearly they thought we were an item 😂😂😂… Happy valentines day 💖