Boredom for me was when I knew that I had to get up and out of my bed to go to the office to do a job that I really didn’t want to do, I could do it in my sleep, and I was not appreciated for doing it. Not only that, I had to commute 2 hours each way. I was bored with waiting at bus stops in the rain, with getting on trains with standing room only, with walking through the streets of London in the cold and wet. I found it very difficult to motivate myself to go to work, and when I got there I would go through the motions, do a great job of course, and then be pleased to go home. I would watch the clock all day long and be constantly thinking about when my next day off was or when I could go on holiday.
I decided, after some thought, that I would rather work for myself, and I looked around for what I could do. My attention was drawn to helping people to get out of ruts, to change their lives and I investigated several possibilities and decided on life coaching.
I began with an online course through a college, taking two courses to gain a diploma in life coaching. I discovered that I loved coaching and that I was very good at it too. I went on to study with a large coaching organisation, followed by a smaller coaching organisation, qualified as an NLP practitioner and most recently an online coaching school based in U.S.A. as an emotion based coach.
These are my qualifications that I have achieved:
- Distance Tutoring
- Life Coach
- Corporate & Executive Coach
- Advanced Confidence Coach/Group Trainer
- Licensed YOU University Coach
- Licensed NLP Practitioner
- Sports Psychology
- Disability Awareness
- PTLLS (Professional Teaching Award B Tech level 4)
- TEFL/TESOL (120 hours) (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- Thought Field Therapy Practitioner
- Indian Head Massage Practitioner
My decision to retrain and work for myself has paid off tremendously for me. I have never looked back. And there are some great benefits for me too:
- My boss rocks and lets me do whatever I want!
- My commute is less than 30 seconds, unless I stop by the kitchen for a coffee.
- I have the ability to transform millions of people’s lives and still be in my pyjamas.
So with coffee and this ability I have become unstoppable. And you can too.
Is there something or someone in your life that you can identify as creating the boredom in your life? If so what is it?
If you are bored what are you going to do about it?
Now you can ask yourself that question again – I’m bored what can I do?
- Listen to the voices in your head, write down the answers you hear on a piece of paper as they pop into your head.
- Study those answers.
- Research some of the answers and see if they really resonate with you.
If you start to spend your life doing what excites you, you will find a solution to your boredom, I can assure you.
And if you need help finding that solution, contact me and we can work together to find your solution.
I have some availability for coaching clients, we just need to fix some dates if and when you want to get started. Get in touch today.
Creedence – Confidence for You
International Confidence Coach, Motivational Speaker, Author