A lot of people carry around with them a whole load of “baggage” or “clutter” in their minds. When I say this I mean that they are still holding onto things that they feel they ‘should’ do, but they really don’t want or need to. For instance the person who they had a row with, but neither is now speaking to the other – but both want to only they both feel the other ‘should’ get in touch first. The ‘coulds’ and ‘shoulds’ in your life that hold you back – you want to let go, but you don’t.
This is very common and you are definitely not alone, I have done it myself.
Are you carrying around with you a lot of emotional baggage that you could be doing without? If you were to lose that emotional weight you could be focusing on something more productive instead.
Does this resonate with you? If you are carrying around a lot of emotional baggage, I bet it has a negative influence on your confidence and self esteem.
Take a look at your life and begin to get rid of this baggage by asking yourself some questions and by completing the following exercise. In effect, what you are doing is making certain tasks “complete”, drawing a line under them and moving on.
Another term for this is “psychological completion” or just “completion”.
Take as long or as short a time as you like to answer these questions and finish the exercise. By writing your answers down they become more real.
Get to it and watch your confidence soar!
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at home
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with at work
- Make a list of 10 things that you are putting up with in any other areas of your life
Make an action plan to get rid of or communicate to others about the things that you have been putting up with. Take action!
- Make a list of things that are unresolved/unfinished in your life.
Make an action plan to reduce this number! Take action!
- Do you need to clear the air with anyone? If so, just do it! Life is too short!
- Did you ever say that you were going to call someone or keep in touch with someone yet have done nothing about it? If yes, call them or send a card or an email to them today
Let go of as many coulds, woulds, shoulds, maybes, oughts as you can. Take action!
By completing these exercises you will be able to focus more on the here and the now. You will now be able to let go of some of the things that have been taking up your valuable attention – those things that knock your self esteem.
If you need help with any of the above, I will be delighted to hear from you, please contact me .
I am helping people to become the very best version of themselves and would love to work with you too.